Plan first. Write second.
One of the best things about entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial organizations is that they leap into action when they have a good idea. That’s often what makes them successful. But they understand they need to develop their content strategically, too. Why invest in content if it isn’t going to help them build their business?
Clients often come to me with ideas about a major writing project or series of projects rather than a precisely defined scope of work.
We discuss their goals, customers, and priorities to get to the core of what they’re trying to achieve. Together, we discuss different approaches then convert the best option into a solid content strategy for the project and an accurate scope of work.
Collaboration is magic.
I listen to you. You know more about your organization than I ever will, but I will try to become a close second. When we combine your knowledge with my communications experience and insights, we can develop a plan that achieves what you need right now or one that takes you through to next year and beyond. When we collaborate, I consider myself part of your team. Your goals are my goals.
The more you know, the better your plan.
The best planning requires discovery, research, and key message development. So does the best copywriting. Most of the planning and writing projects I work on include some of the following activities and the larger ones require most of them:
- Audit and analyze your current communications, including UX
- Review your web analytics reports
- Research your competitors’ communications strategies
- Help you identify what makes you different and better
- Review how your sales team uses your content (and would like to use your content)
- Talk to people on your team for their perspective
- Review existing content to look for ways to repurpose what you’ve already produced
- Help you identify your audiences and buyer personas
- Talk to key customers about their experiences with your services
- Help you prioritize your prospects’ current pain points
- Develop key messages for different personas, possibly using a messaging matrix
- Develop content topics for each stage of the buyer’s journey
Please reach out! I’d love to hear from you.
email@example.com or 404-888-9601