I’ve been writing professionally as a solopreneur for more than 20 years.
I’m based in Atlanta and have worked with clients all over the country. My clients are key decision-makers at small or medium-size B2B organizations — the CEO, president, or executive director — or department heads at enterprises. They bring me in to write a big communications project, and I usually end up sticking around for many years, either operating as their go-to writer or as part of the team that plans and executes sales and marketing materials.
Long-form content is my specialty. I have written for clients in dozens of industries, most recently for managed IT services, enterprise software, packaging, commercial construction, and nonprofit leadership.
All in all, I’ve completed hundreds of writing projects. My experience includes:
- Deep knowledge of content marketing, web content development, and major-donor fundraising
- Development of corporate capabilities collateral and NGO case statements
- Dozens of launches and campaigns
- Close working relationships with C-level executives and key decision-makers
- Commitment to best practices and continuing education
- GRI Certification
- Journalism degree from ranked J-School
I prefer challenging assignments. If there’s a writing project or projects that will significantly impact the success of your organization, I invite you to talk to me about it. Let’s get it done.
In his book Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell famously theorized that “10,000 hours of practice” is what it takes to produce an expert. He’s gotten some backlash but I can tell you this — I am a better writer now than I was 10,000 hours of writing ago!
One of the most important things I’ve learned in all those hours of writing is that my clients benefit when I do my homework. I take the time to listen to their goals and ideas, research what their competitors are doing, and ask questions they may not have considered. The front-end work pays off. My clients are glad to be able to approve the copy with no or minor revisions.
Copywriter and Communications Consultant
- President, Nikki Alexander Copywriting & Consulting, Inc.
- Staff Writer, Central Florida Magazine
- Associate Editor, Orlando Business Magazine
- Dozens of continuing ed courses, conferences, workshops, and seminars
- Journalism Bachelor of Arts (JBA), UW-Madison: Magna Cum Laude, Journalism School Graduate of the Year, Golden Key International Honour Society, Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Affiliations & Awards
- Green America
- Green Chamber of the South
- Georgia Center for Nonprofits (referred consultant)
- American Marketing Association (panel speaker)
- Gold SouthStar, Gold ADDY, and other industry award
- ACLU of Georgia Owen Winters Award
Please reach out! I’d love to hear from you.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-888-9601